Hello Everyone! This past weekend was a lot of fun and we are gearing up for the next meet at Erindale Alliance Church! You might be wondering why this is going out so early and that is a fair question. Because of where the February break falls and the meet being the first weekend of March, we would like to have registrations in before February break.
Our next quiz meet is being held at Erindale Alliance Church (310 Perehudoff Cres.), in Saskatoon, March 6 to 8, 2020. Most of the details are in place and it is sure to be a fantastic weekend.
Here are the details:
- Check-in for the meet will be held from 6:30 to 7:30 pm on Friday, March 6, 2020.
- There will be 20-question quizzes in two divisions. As you may know, we will continue with the combined A/B division for all non-rookie quizzers. For the purposes of familiarity, we will be calling it the AB division. The rookie division will remain the C division.
- We will be quizzing on all of Hebrews and all of 1 Peter.
- We will have a blast at the carnival social that Erindale is famous for! Coaches, we will need help running some of the games and booths, so come prepared to help. There will be sign up sheets during the weekend.
- Cost for the meet is $45 per participant. Officials are exempt.
- Please register all the coaches, quizzers and chaperones from your church, but have officials register at denverandjanetteATgmail.com (replace AT with @).
- We will always do our best to accommodate billeting requests, but please know that we are bound by our Plan to Protect Policy, which carries some implications especially for requests involving quizzers being billeted with their parents. If you have individuals on your teams with specific requirements, please be in touch with me so that we can collaborate on a solution.
- We cannot guarantee that all special diets will be accommodated at the church or at host homes. Our menu for the weekend at the church:
– Saturday lunch – soup (vegetable, chicken noodle, hamburger) and bagels
– Saturday supper – haystacks (ground beef, rice, taco toppings, all separate)
– Sunday lunch – make your own subs
If you have a particular special diet, please be prepared to provide your own food. If you have questions about this, contact Jeff and Lana at jeff.lana.haightATgmail.com (replace AT with @).
- Please fill out the registration form (below) and make sure to mark your rookies with an * so that we can have accurate stats. Once you have your document filled out, please return your form to erindale.regATcmdquizzing.org (replace AT with @).
- Please return your registration document by Friday, February 14, 2020.
There is one last thing to put on your radar. Awards for finals need to ordered by the end of March. Please start making note of kids that you know will test AND pass their Club Challenge tests. This is also a friendly reminder to those teams that took trophies home from finals last year to get them engraved.