Hello CMQ! The following is registration information for the Second District Meet in Saskatoon, held at Lawson Heights Alliance Church, hosted by Avalon and Fairhaven quiz teams (159 Pinehouse Drive) on March 22 – 24, 2019.
Please fill out the attached registration form and return to lawson.regATcmdquizzing.org (replace AT with @) by Tuesday, March 12, 2019.
Please note that Great West applications are due at the quiz meet, and can be submitted either via email (greatwestATcmdquizzing.org, replace AT with @), or in paper to Connor Elliott, Head Quizmaster, who will be in Room 1 for most of the quiz meet. Any interested quizzers or coaches should apply regardless of their performance at First Districts, because the second district meet is more heavily weighted.
Here are the basics:
- Check-in will happen from 6:30 to 7:30 on Friday the 23rd.
- The cost per participant is $45. Officials are exempt. Cheques should be made payable to Canadian Midwest Quizzing or CMQ.
- Officials should not be included on your team registration form. Please have officials contact denverandjanetteATgmail.com (replace AT with @). Please note that Janette Peters has taken over as officials coordinator. Janette will register all officials.
- The social will be a viewing of the film Because of Gracia at a local theatre in Saskatoon. This dove-approved film was written and directed by Tom Simes, a local teacher whose children quizzed in CMQ when they were younger. Tom originally created the film with local actors, but it was picked up and professionally funded by a larger film company. Please feel free to visit their website: https://www.becauseofgracia.com/. Coaches will be responsible for transporting their quizzers to and from the theatre.
- Competition will happen in a combined AB division and a separate C division. The top 12 teams in AB after prelims will be in A, the next 12 in A-con, and the remaining will be either sorted into B and B-con, or in one B division, depending on the numbers. The C division is only for rookie quizzers—quizzers in their first year of quizzing. If you have a quizzer who you feel warrants an exception, please contact Darcy Gregory (directorATcmdquizzing.org, replace AT with @) for approval.
- Material for this meet is John 1 to 18 inclusive.
- If you have fewer than three quizzers on a team, please let me know. I’m always glad when teams make their own arrangements, but appreciate flexibility in this, where there is occasionally a better fit or a team in greater need. I have been so thankful for everyone’s willingness to roll with the punches this year, as there are more team swaps than ever before!