The following is registration information for the quiz meet at Cornerstone Alliance Church (1100 Autumnwood Drive, Winnipeg, MB), held February 1 – 3, 2019.
Please fill out this Registration Form, and return it via email to cornerstone.regATcmdquizzing.org (replace AT with @) by Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
– Check in will be held from 6:30 – 7:30 on Friday, February 1.
– There will be 20-question quizzes in two divisions. All non-rookie teams will begin in the A division, and all rookies in the C division. After preliminaries, non-rookie teams will be sorted in to A, A-con, and B accordingly. In 20-question quizzes, four correct answers is a quiz out, and three incorrect answers is an err-out.
– Material includes John 1:1 to John 12:50.
– Those quizzers wishing to be considered for Internationals need to start out in the A division.
– This meet accounts for 10% of a quizzer’s yearly average.
– The cost for the meet is $45 per participant. Officials are exempt. Cheques should be made payable to Canadian Midwest Quizzing.
– Officials should not register through their churches, but rather should email aaron.macphersonATlive.ca (replace AT with @) directly, and he will register them.
– The social for the meet will take place at the YFC Winnipeg Building, and will include a variety of activities ranging in physicality:
o All quizzers need a pair of indoor shoes to wear during the social. Adults are advised to bring indoor shoes as well.
o Bring a water bottle.
o No cell phones or other mobile devices will be allowed during the social.
o A YFC waiver (http://www.cmdquizzing.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/2018-YFC-Waiver-Form.pdf) needs to be filled out for every quizzer. In order to get into the social, each quizzer needs to hand their waiver in as their ticket. We recommend that coaches collect these waivers and then re-distribute them to quizzers before they enter the YFC building.
o The entire building is rented out for quizzing on Saturday evening. Coaches, please plan to attend with your quizzers to ensure adequate supervision.
o Some examples of activities available: Rock wall, American Ninja Warrior course, Air Hockey, Billiards, etc.
o Coaches are responsible for transporting their quizzers to and from the social.
– Please remember that all adults must have a completed Plan to Protect package, which involves three things:
o Verification questions
o Ministry application
o Criminal record check (recent within 3 years)
– To the best of your ability, please indicate your team line-ups on your registration forms. Please make wise choices about registering 3-person teams; if your team loses a quizzer, you may end up quizzing with just 2 (although I will do my best to help you out if this happens!).
Here’s the registration form again: Registration Form
Here’s the YFC waiver again: http://www.cmdquizzing.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/2018-YFC-Waiver-Form.pdf